Thursday 29 March 2012

Drill tidy

Hi all, it's been some time since I posted a new thread here on my own blog.  Well, I'm back with a vengeance.  As the title says drill tidies  I  already have one, I thought it would be nice to have a second one to house some new  Drills bits so I can keep all my drill bits around next to the pillar drill at arm's length.

I know,I know, I am more than capable of making a drill tidy from wood.

I had a major operation last October now having got the all-clear from the docs I need to catch up with my workload at home but, I still need to ease back into to work slowly so need to take it steady. Drill tidies advertised in last year Axminster catalogue was only £9.40 so thought I would treat myself, haha,  Now discontinued none left in any of there other shops either. Well, I guess I have now got to make one so here goes. Axminster drill tidy. Here's my drill tidy.

Well after thinking things through I decided on a bit of a shunt around with shelving etc to be able to keep thing tidier and have all my drill bits and bobs close at hand to the pillar drill. Next, it's time to make a start I decided just to drill a set of holes into an off-cut of MDF, I decided to make it from two layers screwed together. I  first drill all the holes required through one layer then screwed the two layers together forming the base to all the holes.




As seen below, showing the marked layout and some of the drill bits etc to be fitted.



The drill board made, and in its place,  with room on the board for plenty of expansion still to come, I'll order the rest of the  Forster bits as and when I need them holes pre-drilled for them. The second photo you can see the six drawer unit which at the moment hold a lot of old bits and bobs all waiting to be disposed of,  this unit will become my storage unit for all my router bits, but,  yea you guessed it that's another thread.

No comments: